Attention, prefrosh! Since you’re reading the News, consider coming to the News’ open house at our building at 202 York St. tonight at 9 p.m. Learn how we produce a daily newspaper and cover the biggest issues on campus.

Get out the vote. Voting in the Yale College Council elections begins today at 9 a.m. and ends Friday at 9 p.m. Rustin Fakheri ’12, Brandon Levin ’13 and Jimmy Murphy ’13 are running for president.

The YCC Elections Committee disqualified vice presidential candidate Ivan Fan ’14 from running, according to a statement provided to the News early Thursday morning. Fan was disqualified for a “violation of student privacy.”

Yale Police Department union members stood outside of the Shubert Theater on College Street before the 7 p.m. Bulldog Days Welcome Showcase to handout pamphlets to prefrosh and parents about their ongoing contract negotiations with Yale.

As part of this week’s Relay for Life events, there will be a “luminaria ceremony” Thursday night on Cross Campus in memory of Mandi Schwartz ’11, according to an email from Yale Athletics. Schwartz died of acute myeloid leukemia this month.

Opening up. Ten new Open Yale courses are debuting today. Courses include: “The American Revolution,” “The Moral Foundations of Politics” and “Cervantes’ ‘Don Quixote.’”

The Yale Hunger and Homelessness Action Project Fast last Friday raised over $18,000 from meal swipes and business sponsorships. A record-breaking 2,226 people signed up to participate.

THIS DAY IN YALE HISTORY

1943 University President Charles Seymour bestows the Henry E. Howland Memorial Prize on the pre-war Ambassador to Japan Joseph C. Grew.

YALE DAILY NEWS