After two wins at home, the women’s lacrosse team (2–8, 0–3 Ivy) will seek its third when it faces No. 13 Princeton (5–3, 2–0) this Saturday.

The Bulldogs are looking for their first Ivy League victory of the season and are currently seventh in league, just ahead of Columbia, which has four conference losses. The team’s last league game resulted in a tough loss against No. 21 Harvard (3–4, 2–1), 19-3.

“With the exception of Harvard, our team has matched up very well against the Ivies we have played and I hope that we will again rise to the occasion,” captain Fielding Kidd ’11 said in an email.

After a win last weekend at home against Colgate, 10–7, the team suffered a loss against No. 17 Georgetown, 16–3, two days later. Kidd said the win against Colgate helped boost the team’s confidence, but that the subsequent loss at Georgetown seemed to strip that confidence away.

The team’s freshmen, who racked up eight goals last weekend, are playing a big role on the team this season. Midfielder Ashley McCormick ’14 scored three goals against Colgate while attacker Jen DeVito ’14 made one goal against the Raiders and two against Georgetown. Midfielder Adrienne Tarver ’14 and Sabine van der Linden ’14 each scored their first career goals.

Defensively, Kidd leads the team in ground balls with 16, while midfielder Devon Rhodes ’13 and attacker Caroline Crow ’12 lead the Bulldog offense with 13 and 12 goals, respectively.

“When we walk out onto that field we will be as prepared as we can be to face Princeton,” Kidd said. “It is what we do with that preparation that will control our destiny.”

Princeton heads into Saturday’s game with the momentum of two wins against Georgetown, 12–11, and Cornell, 15–10. After the latter game, goalkeeper Erin Tochihara was named Ivy League Defensive Player of the Week for her 10-save performance. Attacker Lizzy Drumm and midfielder Cassie Pyle lead the team in goals this season with 17 and 13, respectively.

On the day of the Bulldogs’ game against the Tigers, the team will be honoring women’s hockey player Mandi Schwartz ’11, who passed away on Sunday, by wearing armbands with her number, 17, on them, and by observing a moment of silence.

“With the newest addition to our team being Bray Ketchum ’11, a senior ice hockey player, the death of Mandi has directly affected our team,” Kidd said. “I can only hope that our team shows as much courage and fight against Princeton that Mandi showed against cancer.”

The game will also be the team’s Alumnae Day. As a senior, Kidd said she is looking forward to seeing her old teammates again.

Following the women’s game against Princetion, the Yale men’s team will host Dartmouth. The two games are part of the dedication of Reese Stadium, named after two former Bulldogs, Jason Reese ’87 and Jon Reese ’90. The women’s game is slated to begin at noon.