Tap that. Tonight is pre-tap for senior societies. Tuesday, Dean of Student Affairs Marichal Gentry emailed students with regulations for Tap Night, slated to occur next Tuesday. “Public tap activities may not take place on days before or after April 12” and “blindfolding is unsafe and will not be allowed,” Gentry wrote.

The Incan artifacts held at Yale for nearly 100 years have officially been returned to Peru. They went on display this week in a free exhibition in Lima’s Government Palace, according to Peruvian news agency Andina.

Betsy Bradley GRD ’96, who will replace Steven Smith as Branford master, will speak tonight in William L. Harkness Hall about how to address global health problems. Bradley is the director of the Yale Global Health Initiative.

ABC News talked with four male students about the Title IX complaint against the University. Three told ABC they know a girl who has been sexually assaulted and that the University has not punished the attackers.

I. Lewis “Scooter” Libby, former Vice President Dick Cheney’s chief of staff, was on campus Tuesday for a Branford College Master’s Tea. Libby’s talk was off-the-record.

To raise money for Relay for Life, the Davenport College Council is running “The Penny Wars.” Starting Saturday, the dining hall will display jars labeled with the names of Master Richard Schottenfeld and Dean Craig Harwood. Pennies equal positive points and other change negative. Whichever administrator has the most negative points will have to dress up as a gnome.

Sam I am. People with any variation of the first name Sam (Samanthas and Samsons count, too) were once again invited to join other Sams for brunch April 30 in Calhoun College via a Dr. Seuss-themed email Tuesday.

Don’t panic. The fire alarm that went off in Sterling Memorial Library around 8:30 p.m. Tuesday night was accidentally triggered in the Irving S. Gilmore Music Library, according to security guard Harry Neveski. Students were evacuated and two fire trucks showed up on the scene.

THIS DAY IN YALE HISTORY

1981 Welch Hall is evacuated after a man calls New Haven police claiming that a bomb will go off in the building if John Hinckley Jr., who attempted to take President Ronald Reagan’s life, is not released by 3 p.m. Hinckley’s actions against the president were allegedly based on his obsession with Jodie Foster ’84, who is a Welch resident, but Foster is not mentioned in the threat.

YALE DAILY NEWS