A robbery occurred on Park Street Monday night in front of Pierson College around 8:30 p.m., according to an email from Yale Police Department Chief Ronnell Higgins. Higgins wrote that a Yale graduate student was “assaulted and robbed by three females.”

MSNBC host Rachel Maddow spoke at Yale Law School Monday at 9 a.m. In a question-and-answer session with Amy Kapczynski LAW ’03, a visiting associate professor, Maddow explained that producing a daily television show is like “merging onto the freeway in the dark, in the rain, with no headlights and no windshield wipers after you just spilled a cup of coffee in your lap.”

A fake Twitter account has been created in Yale College Dean Mary Miller’s name. @DeanMaryMiller popped up Sunday. A sample tweet: “ahh … I love my office in SSS. The chrysanthemum and Mayan tiger blood incense really reminds me that spring time is just around the corner.”

Timeica Bethel ’11 was profiled in the Chicago Tribune Sunday. The story describes Bethel’s journey from living in Chicago’s LeClaire Courts housing project to Yale and her future plans to be a talk show host.

Unbreak my window. According to Branford College Council minutes, a window was broken during “Crushes and Chaperones,” Branford College’s ’90s dance party, hosted in the college’s dining hall Saturday night.

Despite having told “Good Morning America” last summer he would be teaching a class at Yale in January, James Franco GRD ’16 will instead be teaching graduate film students at New York University in the fall, the Washington Square News reported.

Bark-ly college. Monday was the first day of a three-day pilot program in which Yale Law School students could check out Monty the dog from their library. According to Law School spokeswoman Jan Conroy, visits with Monty are completely booked — there is even a waiting list.

Voting begins today for senior class officers. Tiffany Pang ’12, or “TPANG,” as she refers to herself, released a campaign video titled “I am Yale, and So Can You” parodying current pop music songs including “Friday” by Rebecca Black. Watch the video at goydn.com/t-pang.

THIS DAY IN YALE HISTORY

1917 Over 2,000 men, lead by flag-bearing ROTC and American Band members, march in a spontaneous parade through New Haven that results from an address in Woolsey Hall by Dr. David Starr Jordan, who defends pacifism after World War I.

YALE DAILY NEWS