Back at it. The National Weather Service has issued a hazardous weather outlook for Southern Connecticut. Today is forecast to be a mix of rain and snow. Tonight there is a possibility of accumulation of 1 to 3 inches of snow.

Yale hockey made a television appearance Tuesday when it was featured in a trivia question on MSNBC’s “The Daily Rundown.” The question was about which new governor played for Yale. The answer? Mark Dayton ’69, governor of Minnesota. He and North Dakota Governor Jack Dalrymple ’70, who both lettered for Yale, might have to pick sides as schools from their states could face the Elis in the upcoming NCAA tournament.

Applications for the new global affairs major were due at 9 a.m. Tuesday. “We got lots and lots, more than there are slots,” said James Levinsohn, director of the Jackson Institute for Global Affairs.

Shin Jeong-ah, the former Dongguk University professor who spent 18 months in prison for forging a Yale degree, has written a book entitled “4001,” Korea JoongAng Daily reported. According to JoongAng Daily, the book reveals details of the scandal from her perspective.

Almost there? New Haven is on CNBC.com’s list of the “20 Cities You Don’t Want to Live In … Yet.” For each city the list explains “the bad,” “the good” and “the recovery.”

Frances Rosenbluth, deputy provost for social sciences and faculty development, wrote about gender inequality for the New York Times Tuesday. She told the News that the Times asked her to reflect on why women are not more outraged that women are still over-represented among low-income earners.

Australian playwright Shannon Murdoch won the 2011 Yale Drama Series award, the New York Times reported. Her play, “New Light Shine,” will have a staged reading at the Yale Repertory Theatre Sept. 12 and the Yale University Press will publish it.

17O1 Records began offering three free downloads at 17o1records.com Tuesday, according to the Yale College Council newsletter. The “Blue Noise,” which features various Yale artists across genres, is set to be released April 19.

THIS DAY IN YALE HISTORY

1992 California Governor Jerry Brown, a candidate for the Democratic presidential nomination, speaks to a crowd of over 800 gathered on the New Haven Green. He discusses “education, the environment and the campaign tactics of his competitors.”

Correction: March 23, 2011

An earlier version of this post misstated that the 17O1 downloads were “off” their album. In fact the songs are additional tracks.

YALE DAILY NEWS