UPDATED: 12:27 a.m. New Haven Police Department spokesman Joseph Avery confirmed two men were shot at Toad’s Place on Wednesday night 10:48 p.m. during a local hip-hop showcase.

They were seen being wheeled out on stretchers and were taken to Yale-New Haven Hospital with non-life-threatening wounds, NHPD Sergeant David Guliuzza said.

Guliuzza said there were multiple shots fired. He also said that he did not know if the two men shot were targeted. No members of the Yale community were involved, according to a 12:25 a.m. email from YPD Chief Ronnell Higgins.

He added that no one was taken into custody but the police do have the description of one male suspect, who is currently on the loose.

One of the men was seen sitting up and talking on the stretcher and the other man was lying on his back with his eyes closed.

Both Yale and New Haven Police Departments were on the scene, but a Yale Police Department sergeant said that the YPD will not be handling the case at all — it falls under the purview of the NHPD.

Someone who was in the club when the shooting occurred, but asked not to be identified, said that after shots were fired, fights started breaking out and people started throwing chairs at each other.

Over 40 Yalies were seen leaving Lily’s Pad around 11:17 p.m., many of whom confirmed they were at a society event.

The Wednesday night dance party has been canceled. Higgins cautioned Yale students to avoid the area.