Bulldog sailors wrapped up spring break with a successful weekend on the Atlantic coast.

The No. 4 women’s team captured the St. Mary’s Intersectional, an event that featured the top 11 ranked women’s teams, by four points over No. 2 Boston College. Meanwhile, the No. 8 coed team finished fifth at the Truxton Umstead Intersectional, third at the Central Series One, and 15th at the Veitor Trophy.

At the St. Mary’s Intersectional in St. Mary’s City, Md., the women’s team faced tough competition indicative of what they can expect to see throughout the season. In the A division, skipper Marlena Fauer ’14 and crew Eugenia Custo Greig ’14 found consistency and finished in the top 10 in all 14 races. A late surge in the final four races led to a first- and second-place finish that secured the pair a fifth-place finish in the A division with 82 points.

In the B division, skipper Emily Billing ’13 and crew Anna Han ’14 got off to a strong start with two firsts and a third in their first five races. The quick start was even more impressive given Han’s relative unfamiliarity with Billing. Margot Benedict ’12 normally sails with Billing, but a knee injury forced her out, and the freshman Han acted as crew. The pair finished with 13 top-tens in 14 races and finished with 92 points, good for third in the B division.

Although Harvard and St. Mary’s won the A and B divisions, respectively, the balanced efforts of the two Yale boats led to a four-point win over second-place Boston College. Custo Greig stressed that while the win was important, the team is not letting it get to their heads.

“The win was good but it wasn’t really far ahead,” Custo Greig said. “We were all really tight and the other sailors were really good.”

The coed team split up and traveled to three competitions this past weekend. A large delegation of Elis made its way to the Truxton Umstead Intersectional hosted by the U.S. Naval Academy. The Truxton Umstead is one of the most prestigious events on the Bulldogs’ spring schedule and is unusual in that it has four divisions.

“It’s always a lot of fun,” Joseph Morris ’12 said of the four divisions. “We had [about] 76 boats on the water at one time. It shows the depth on each team.”

Morris skippered the A division boat to three race wins and six top-threes in 17 races. Crews Heather May ’13, Rafael Fernandez ’13 and Blair Belling ’11 each sailed individual races with Morris, depending on the conditions. Recently Morris said he began sailing more with May and noted the familiarity between himself and the crews as a reason for their success. Skipper Christopher Segerblom ’14 sailed in the B division and picked up a race win and five top-threes en route to a third-place division finish. Segerblom worked with crews May, Fernandez, Amanda Salvesen ’14 and Elizabeth Brim ’11 at different times during the competition.

The C and D divisions utilized Lasers, single-handed, single-person boats. Max Nickbarg ’14 took ninth place in the C division with 10 top-eight finishes in the 17 races. In the D division, Claire Dennis ’13 sailed to a seventh-place finish with six top-fours. In addition, Dennis ended as the top female sailor in her division.

“I was pretty happy with the event,” Morris said. “I think we just had one or two mistakes that kept us out of being able to win the event at the end.”

The Bulldogs finished the competition in fifth place with 519 points. No. 2 Georgetown won the regatta.

In Dorchester, Md., a pack of Bulldogs finished third in the Central Series One. Skipper Genoa Warner ’12 and crew Stephanie Schuyler ’12 used three seconds to gain fourth place in the A division. In the B division, Andrew Kurzrok ’11 and Tatyana Camejo ’11 finished the competition with a first-place race win and first in the division.

“Sailing at Boston College was nice because the venue is quite similar to where we practice everyday with waves and plenty of shifts,” Kurzrok said in a press release. “It was a lot of fun and even felt a bit like home.”

Rob Struckett ’12, Isabell Elliman ’12, Will Feldman ’14 and Sinead O’Brien ’13 traveled to New London, Conn. for the Veitor Trophy. The four combined for a 15th place finish.

Next weekend, the coed team will compete at the 71st Owen, Mosbacher and Knappy Trophies, Szambecki Team Race, 82nd Boston Dinghy Club Cup and the Southern Series Two. The women’s team will resume competition in two weeks at the 25th Women’s Brad Dellenbaugh Trophy.