The men’s tennis team is currently 2-0 this spring break with three matches left to play. The team beat Quinnipiac on Friday and Binghamton University on Saturday, improving to 6–5 this season. Yale’s victory over Binghamton was especially sweet as the Bearcats eliminated the Bulldogs three weeks ago from the ECAC Team Championship.

Yale easily swept all three of its doubles matches against Quinnipiac to take an early 1–0 lead. Marc Powers ’13 and Daniel Hoffman’s ’13 doubles win marked the seventh of the duo’s last nine matches.

In singles play, Jordan Abergel ’11 and John Huang ’13 both cruised to 6–1, 6–1 wins. The lone loss of the day came at the No. 2 spot as Erik Blumenkranz ’12 fell in the third set 10–6 after rallying back to even the match in the second.

The next day, the Bulldogs took a quick lead against Binghamton, winning two doubles matches. Blumenkranz and Hoffman won 8–5 while Huang and Calvin Bennett ’11 defeated their opponents 8–6.

Hoffman and Blumenkranz also claimed victories in their singles matches. Abergel clinched the victory at the No. 6 singles spot in a closely contested match, winning two straight sets after dropping the first one, 3–6.

The Bulldogs have won six of their last seven matches at home. They face off against UNC Wilmington in North Carolina today.