The women’s basketball team has not earned a postseason berth in 32 years. This weekend, the Elis have a chance to end that drought.

The Bulldogs (13–13, 9–3 Ivy) will take on Columbia (6–20, 5–7) tonight and Cornell (6–20, 3–9) tomorrow in their last weekend of the season.

The Elis currently sit in second place in the Ivy League standings after sweeping Harvard and Dartmouth last week and the team still has a shot to claim the Ivy League title. Yale would need to win both of its games this weekend, and first-place Princeton (21–4, 10–1) would have to drop two of its last three games to force a playoff match between the two teams for the Ancient Eight crown.

Still, the Bulldogs can secure second-place in the conference and the Ivy League’s automatic bid to the Women’s National Invitation Tournament (WNIT) with a sweep this weekend. The last time Yale competed in a postseason tournament was in the 1978-’79 season.

“We have something to play for,” head coach Chris Gobrecht said in a press release last Saturday. “We have the possibility of postseason play. We have to take care of business [this] weekend.”

The Elis’ playoff push begins tonight with a matchup against Columbia. The Lions enter the contest coming off a weekend split, defeating Penn 61–54 on Friday night, before falling 65–52 to Princeton on Saturday.

The Bulldogs will be looking to avenge the 67–57 road loss they suffered at the hands of the Lions earlier this season. Though the Elis were able to keep pace with Columbia throughout the first half, the Lions used a second half offensive surge to take control of the game and come away with the win.

Yale leads the all-time series against the Lions, 34–15.

The next day, the Elis will host Cornell on Senior Night. The Bulldogs will honor their two seniors, captain Yoyo Greenfield ’11 and forward Mady Gobrecht ’11, prior to tip-off.

The Big Red has struggled this season and had lost eight consecutive games before snapping that streak with a 57–51 win over Penn last Saturday. The Elis took the first game of the season series against Cornell on Feb. 4, as Mady Gobrecht scored 18 points and Megan Vasquez ’13 added 14 to lead Yale to a 57–49 win in Ithaca, N.Y.

Yale holds a 42–22 edge in the all-time series against Cornell.

Tip-off for both games is slated for 7 p.m. at John J. Lee Amphitheater.