Democratic U.S. Rep. and senatorial candidate Chris Murphy, who represents Connecticut’s 5th congressional district, won a hat trick of state endorsements today.

According to Murphy’s campaign website, Attorney General George Jepsen, Secretary of the State Denise Merrill and Comptroller Kevin Lembo all endorsed Murphy, who is running for the seat that Sen. Joseph Lieberman ’64 LAW ’67 will vacate in 2012.

The endorsements represent a political defeat for former Secretary of the State Susan Bysiewicz ’83, who has also declared her candidacy for Lieberman’s seat. In the 2010 election, Bysiewicz was a candidate for governor before she changed course and ran against Jepsen for attorney general.

Before Election Day, however, the state’s supreme court ruled that Bysiewicz did not meet the eligibility requirements for attorney general.

“George, Denise and Kevin are incredible public servants for our state, and I’m so honored to have their support this early in the campaign,” Murphy said in a press release on his website. “As all three just won statewide office, I couldn’t imagine a better team to lean on for guidance as I continue to introduce myself to people across Connecticut.”

On the Republican side, it remains to be seen whether Linda McMahon, the wealthy former CEO of World Wrestling Entertainment and unsuccessful senatorial candidate, will run for Lieberman’s seat.