The women’s basketball team embarks on its final road trip of the season this weekend with a chance to gain some ground in the race for the Ivy League crown.

The Bulldogs (11–13, 7–3 Ivy) travel to Dartmouth (7–16, 3–6) tonight and Harvard (15–8, 7–2) on Saturday for key conference matchups. With only two weeks remaining in the season, the Elis would have to earn the sweep to keep their hopes for an Ivy League title alive. Yale, which is currently in third place, has a chance to overtake Harvard for second place this weekend and is just one and a half games behind first-place Princeton.

“We are fighting with Harvard right now for second place, so winning both of these games is extremely important,” guard Megan Vasquez ’13 said.

The Elis are coming off a weekend split against Princeton and Penn last week. Though the Bulldogs missed an opportunity to take over first place with a 73–57 loss to the Tigers on Friday night, they rebounded the following day with a 66–53 win over the Quakers.

Dartmouth enters the weekend fresh off a sweep of Cornell and Columbia last week and has won four of its last five games at home. In the first meeting between the Big Green and the Bulldogs this season, Vasquez scored 21 points and forward Janna Graf ’14 added 15 points to lift the Elis to a 66–53 victory.

Dartmouth leads the all-time series against Yale, 50-17.

After the matchup with Dartmouth, the Bulldogs will head to Cambridge to face archrival Harvard on Saturday. The Crimson is coming off a sweep of Cornell and Columbia and currently sits in second place in the Ancient Eight standings. Yale handed Harvard its first Ivy League loss this season on Feb. 11, as Graf scored 21 points to lead the Bulldogs to an 82–71 victory.

Harvard has the highest-scoring offense in the league, averaging 73.3 points per game. Junior guard Brogan Berry is the Crimson’s leading scorer with 14.2 points a night, which also ranks second in the conference. Harvard holds a 41-28 advantage in the all-time series against Yale.

“We know we have to come to play because we are playing on their home courts,” Vasquez said. “We have to be ready for them to be fired up. These are two important games that we have to win on the road.”

Tip-off against Dartmouth is slated for Friday at 7 p.m. in Hanover, N.H. The game against Harvard is set to begin at 6 p.m. in Cambridge, Mass.