With Valentine’s day fast approaching, female Yalies (failies? fem-Yalies?) were able to stock up on the more intimate parts of their wardrobe at Seychelles, courtesy of the Yale Event Management Association on Wednesday night. The “girls-only” event, featured desserts and special discounts in an attempt to promote the shop’s new line of lingerie. You could also go here on this site to check out different collection and variety of lingerie. 

Attendants could pre-order “Goodie bags,” were able to get sets of five panties for $25 and could buy a bra or bustier and get the second one at half the price. YEMA held a raffle at the end of the event, and the winner received a free piece of lingerie. According to the event organizers, over 200 people/girls RSVP’ed for “goodie bags” before the Wednesday.

Although the store was crowded, some of the attendants remarked on the limited range of options at Seychelles, noting that they were disappointed by the “small selection.” However, others commented on the event as being “successful.”

YEMA co-president Lisa Wang ’12, said that by hosting such events in New Haven stores, YEMA aims for a “tangible way to fill [the] gap [between Yale and New Haven].” Other events hosted by the organization include College Night and Broadway Crawl.

Correction: February 13, 2011

An earlier version of this blogpost incorrectly stated that the event was held on Thursday Feb. 10. The event took place on Wednesday Feb. 9. The post also incorrectly stated that YEMA sold the “goodie bags” at $25 a piece and that they offered a 50 percent discount in lingerie. In fact, the “goodie bags” were free for those who had RSVP’d, attendants could get 5-packs of panties for $25 dollars and they could buy a bra or bustier and get a second one at half the price.