This is a regular feature that will take a look at what’s going on at other schools in the Ivy League.

Harvard University

Mitchell Reich ‘09 made Harvard history after being elected the first openly gay president of the prestigious Harvard Law Review. A second year at Harvard Law School and graduate of Yale College, Reich will serve as the publication’s 125th president.

Princeton University

Students at Princeton University can take pride in knowing the “159 Most Common Movie Title Words” or correctly identifying each of “Shakespeare’s Survivors.” According to Sporcle.com, an online trivial website for students who just can’t stay awake during lecture, Princeton ranked in the top 10 for website usage from Jan. 9 to Jan. 22 – the same time as their fall term final exams. Apparently, Princetonians have discovered a new method of procrastinating while studying for finals: online trivia games.

Columbia University

At a town hall sponsored by Columbia University’s Senate on Monday, 22 people out of the 40 who spoke argued against potential ROTC return to the campus due to military policies, including abuse of women, exclusion of transgender individuals, and the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Dartmouth College

Dartmouth President Jim Yong Kim and Chief of Staff David Spalding met with students on Monday to discuss issues confronting minority and economically disadvantaged students. Attendees talked about issues including minority student hypervisibility, low minority faculty retention, and access to financial aid for students from low socioeconomic backgrounds.

University of Pennsylvania

Penn students looking to practice their pickup lines may find solace in MeepMe, a new texting service developed by Wharton senior Matt Newberg. Recently, MeepMe has generated enthusiasm after winning the PennApps Hack-a-thon and Student Choice Award in January.

Brown University

The East Coast winter wonderland may be more trouble than it’s worth. Since the beginning of the academic year, Brown’s Department of Facilities Management has already spent $167,000 on snow removal. The department typically allocates $160,000 to $200,000 out of its $53 million maintenance and operations budget for snow cleanup.

Cornell University

Students at Cornell may need to double-check and triple-check their academic papers for the 2011-12 academic year after Provost Kent Fuchs approved a Faculty Senate resolution encouraging campus-wide use of Turnitin, a plagiarism detection service. The resolution passed with 66 percent of the vote, although University officials are not yet sure how Turnitin will be used in the classroom.