Touchdown! Students gathered in butteries and dining halls across residential colleges to watch the Green Bay Packers defeat the Pittsburgh Steelers 31-25 in Super Bowl XLV.

Alcohol on Sunday? The Connecticut General Assembly is considering eliminating the laws prohibiting “liquor stores and supermarkets with the proper permits” from selling alcohol Tuesday, and is holding a public hearing about the legislation, the Associated Press reported.

Andy Wagner ’09 starred in the “He’s a Fan” commercial for the Daytona 500 aired during the Super Bowl Sunday night.

Dean of Student Affairs Marichal Gentry warned students about falling ice Sunday evening in an e-mail. “Please be careful when walking next to buildings and avoid routes underneath heavy ice buildup,” he wrote.

Bookworms rejoice! The new version of Orbis, the university library system’s default search engine, goes live today. It includes sidebar filters and new graphics that alert users when a book is checked out. It also connects to Google Books for increased access to online materials.

Students plan to gather on Beinecke Plaza 12 p.m. today to “demonstrate solidarity with the Egyptian people’s courageous struggle for a democratic future,” according to a Facebook message.

Ready for a snack. The Yale Health Cafe is set to open today. According to the Yale Health website, the cafe will feature Starbucks Coffee and a “seasonal farm table” with “a variety of specialty items from local growers and producers.”

He’s a poet. Pierson Dean Amerigo Fabbri invoked William Blake when bestowing freshmen words of wisdom before the Freshman Dance. “Well, tomorrow night will be a time for imagination and poetry: the Dance is a time for ‘pretty joy’ (W. Blake) to express itself,” he wrote.

But it wasn’t all good, clean fun. Two of 15 freshmen interviewed by the News were sent to Yale HEALTH as a result of alcohol-induced illnesses at the dance. A representative at Yale HEALTH said she could not disclose the number of students treated for alcohol that night.

Attend the tale. Yale Dramatic Association announced Sunday that the Fall 2011 mainstage will be the Stephen Sondheim classic “Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street.”

THIS DAY IN YALE HISTORY

1938 The Yale Junior Prom Committee announces that Larry Clinton will perform at prom to be held on March 11.

YALE DAILY NEWS