Nary a limb was exposed Monday as temperatures lingered well below freezing throughout the day.

But though the weather is due to warm up a bit today, it is not getting any kinder. About an inch of snow is expected to fall before noon with a high of 35 degrees, according to the National Weather Service. The dreaded combination of snow and sleet is also set to return Wednesday.

Olbermann for Conn. Senator? A writer for the political blog Daily Kos has started a campaign to get liberal television anchor Keith Olbermann — who abruptly left his post at MSNBC last week — to run for Sen. Joseph Lieberman’s ’64 LAW ’67 seat.

Yalies aren’t the only ones losing their voices over the No. 1 Men’s Hockey team. The New Haven Independent published a story Monday highlighting the growing number of local fans that have flocked to the Whale to cheer them on. “Yale’s team is a big draw for students and alumni,” according to the article, “but the sellout crowds this year are packed with lots of other local fans who have embraced the team as their own.”

Branford Master Steven Smith sent an e-mail to students in the college Sunday encouraging them to speak to him before calling the police if they have issues with other students. The e-mail was provoked by anonymous calls to the police about God Quad parties.

Spiffy. Ezra Stiles Master Stephen Pitti shared photos of the ongoing Stiles renovation to students in the college Friday. He wrote in an e-mail that even though “you’ll see a lot of dirt and exposed mechanical infrastructure in these images, I can assure you that the college renovations are going very well, and that everything is on track to be finished well in advance of next September.”

Jo Handelsman, a molecular, cellular and developmental biology professor, was awarded a Presidential Award for Excellence in Science, Mathematics and Engineering Mentoring, according to a White House press release. The award “recognize[s] the crucial role that mentoring plays in the academic and personal development of students studying science or engineering,” according to the release.

THIS DAY IN YALE HISTORY

1970 The New Haven Chapter of the Black Panther Party holds the “People’s Day to Support the Panthers” at a local high school to talk with residents about the Panthers’ “activities and purposes.”

YALE DAILY NEWS