The men’s squash team couldn’t stop Trinity from winning an unprecendented 230th consecutive game Wednesday, the longest streak in U.S. college sports history.

The Bulldogs (7–1, 3–0 Ivy) no longer have an undefeated record after the bitterly fought 2–7 loss to No. 1 Trinity College (6–0).

“The team is obviously disappointed,” captain Naishadh Lalwani ’11 said. “One of our goals was to try and go unbeaten, but Trinity is tough as their record shows. We played hard and unfortunately it wasn’t enough yesterday.”

The team dropped the top seven spots, but still posed a challenge to the dominant Trinity squad as many of the matches were pushed to four or five games.

Lalwani said that Ryan Dowd ’12 played a strong match despite dropping two consecutive games after winning his first. He won a close fourth game to push it into a deciding fifth, but lost the last game 6–11.

“We were trading games back and forth,” Dowd said of his match against the Bantam’s Antonio Gonzalez-Diaz. “There were a few rough calls. But, he played a great match. It just didn’t go my way this time.”

Although the Bulldogs lost, Lalwani said the team can take away many positives, including strong play at the bottom of the ladder from John Roberts ’12 and Robert Berner ’12, who notched Yale’s only wins of the night.

“Everyone played their hearts out,” Lalwani said. “Most of the guys stepped up and it was a couple of points here and there that just got away from us at crucial points in the match.”

Dowd mentioned that the team needs to work on fitness before they play Trinity again.

“We have to spend the next few weeks training,” Dowd said. “We lost a bit of our strength after the match starts. Hopefully, we can play them again in the finals of nationals. We are a smart team and know what to do for next time.”

For now, the team must concentrate on the upcoming matches this weekend. The team will take on No. 9 Franklin and Marshall tonight. On the Saturday, the team will play No. 4 Rochester and No. 15 Navy.

“The immediate goal now is to make sure we stay focused and take care of business this weekend and the next,” Lalwani said. “It has just been a really hard stretch for us. In the last eight days we will have played Western Ontario, Cornell, Trinity, Franklin and Marshall, Rochester, and Navy. It is a testament to our fitness levels and training that we are able to come out of a week like this alive.”

The Bulldogs will host Franklin and Marshall, Rochester, and Navy this weekend at the Brady Squash Center.