Though Yale has not yet released the number of applications it received this year, many of its peer institutions have — with dramatic changes from last year.

Columbia saw the largest growth in application volume with 34,587 this year compared to last year’s 26,179 – a 32 percent increase. Columbia Dean of Undergraduate Admissions Jessica Marinaccio told the Columbia Spectator that she attributed the dramatic surge to several factors including Columbia’s decision to switch to The Common Application this year, making it easier to apply.

The other three Ivy League schools that have reported their application numbers – Harvard, Dartmouth and the University of Pennsylvania – all saw an increase of around 15 percent from last year’s numbers. Harvard received approximately 35,000 applications this year, compared with 30,489 last year. Dartmouth saw 21,700 applicants for the class of 2015, up from 18,778 for its current freshman class. The University of Pennsylvania reported 30,956 applications, versus nearly 27,000 last year.

Stanford and MIT both reported an approximate seven percent increase, with the number increasing from approximately 32,000 to 34,200 and 16,632 to 17,800, respectively.

Yale, Princeton, Brown and Cornell have yet to release the number of applications they received for the class of 2015.