Football not your sport? No worries. There are a multitude of things to do in Boston while the rest of us cheer on the Bulldogs to victory.

If you’re interested in history (or just eager to burn the calories you gained at the tailgate), you can take a walk down Boston’s Freedom Trail. The two and a half mile walk is one of the best ways to see some of the city’s most historical landmarks. Follow the bricks painted in red and you’ll end up at places like the Paul Revere House and Boston Commons, America’s oldest public park.

If parks and a dead man’s home are not your bag, perhaps Quincy Market might capture your interest. This indoor and outdoor market is home to dozens of stores and eateries. It’s a great place to start shopping for holiday presents.

Boston’s Museum of Fine Arts is second in quality only to New York City’s Metropolitan Museum of Art with its wide selection of pieces from all over the world. Current exhibitions include “Avedon Fashion 1944-2000,” a retrospective of renowned fashion photographer Richard Avedon’s work, and “Millet and Rural France,” a collection of paintings by nineteenth-century French genre artist Jean-François Millet.

Or if, for some reason, the tailgate wasn’t enough for you, the Sam Adam’s Brewery is the place to go. Not only do you get a tour in which you learn about the brewery and the beer making process, but you also get to sample the finished product. Afterwards, you can check out the Boston Beer Museum, which is connected to the brewery.