The “White Out for Mandi” drew the highest-ever crowd to a women’s hockey game. 1,066 people flocked to Ingalls Rink to support Mandi Schwartz ’11, who has been battling cancer since December 2008. The event raised more than $15,000.

Katie Miller ’12 is featured in Out Magazine’s “Out 100” portfolio alongside celebrities such as Ricky Martin and Julianne Moore. Miller transferred to Yale from the United States Military Academy at West Point because of her opposition to Don’t Ask Don’t Tell.

Popstar Jessica Simpson is engaged to a Yalie, People magazine reports. The singer is marrying Eric Johnson ’01, an NFL free agent and former Bulldog.

He’s back. The mysterious graffiti artist whose Twitter handle is @PeopleInBelieve has tagged Skull and Bones’ tomb. He live-tweeted his process starting at 5:20 a.m. The words “Believe in People” were placed across the tomb’s portico and an image of a Native American was set scaling one of the sides.

Ay! Yi Yi. Ay! Salsa is set to expand. There are signs posted in the window of the adjacent building that announce “Dining Room Coming Soon.”

The Yale Quidditch team placed in the top 16 out of 46 schools in the Quidditch World Cup held in New York City’s Dewitt Clinton Park this weekend. Middlebury College won the tournament, but Tufts University got a hold of the snitch.

Neon “Harvard Sucks” sunglasses go on sale today. The legendary Game paraphernalia will be sold in Commons from 11:15 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. and cost $5.

Gant was open for business Sunday. Only the first floor, which showcases menswear, was open for sales during the soft opening.

At the Morse College rededication ceremony Friday, administrators and students praised the college’s new features. University President Richard Levin said “this college now reflects the artistry and the innovation of your namesake, Samuel Morse.”

THIS DAY IN YALE HISTORY

1915 The Yale Corporation convenes in New Haven and holds a luncheon with the Emeritus Professors in Memorial Hall. The board votes to endow the Alexander Kohut Memorial Collection of over 10,000 volumes in the field of Semetics and Rabbinic literature.

YALE DAILY NEWS