The race for governor goes on. Republican gubernatorial candidate Tom Foley claims a bag of uncounted, photocopied ballots has been found in Bridgeport and is demanding that police impound them, according to a press release Foley’s camp issued Tuesday evening.

But even though results of the race were expected Thursday night, Secretary of the State Susan Bysiewicz ’83 announced in a press release Thursday at 6 p.m. that official results will not be available until today. The deadline to report results to Bysiewicz’s office was Wednesday at 6 p.m., but Bysiewicz said she did not expect to receive completed returns from Bridgeport until today.

Foley might be one of Harvard’s last hopes. According to the Harvard Crimson’s FlyBy Blog, 11 out of 13 Harvard alums that ran for governor lost. Foley, who graduated in 1975, they note, has not yet given up the fight.

Yalies, naturally, fared better this election season. According to Yale Alumni Magazine blog 06520, 19 alumni ran for office across the country Tuesday. Fourteen were victorious, four lost their races and one election, that of Alaskan Senate candidate Joe Miller LAW ’95, is still too close to call.

The Freshman Class Council wants to pop it, lock it, polka dot it. The FCC sent an e-mail a video to all freshmen inviting them to the Freshman BBQ that shows the council members dancing to Miley Cyrus’s “Hannah Montana: The Movie” song, “Thowdown Hoedown,” which is also the theme for the BBQ.

Not quite dancing in the rain. Alpha Epsilon Pi pledges took turns dancing from 11 a.m. to 2.30 p.m. in the Woolsey Rotunda in a “Dancers for Cancer” campaign, raising money for the American Cancer Society.

YSO show, brought to your common room. Based on the success of the Yale Symphony Orchestra’s Halloween show, director Austin Kase ’11 is producing DVDs of the movie, which will cost $10 and can be preordered online.

Want to go poop in the woods? Yale Outdoors is planning a “pooping trip” now scheduled for Dec. 5. After hiking, at noon the group will “collectively dig holes and poop in them,” according to a YO Bulletin Thursday. They will “experiment with a variety of methods.”

THIS DAY IN YALE HISTORY

1942 In a press conference, University President Charles Seymour expresses his strong opposition to an army draft bill Congress is considering.

YALE DAILY NEWS