THE NEWS

• After a crucial stem cell transplant, 31 straight days of hospitalization and six days in intensive care, women’s hockey forward Mandi Schwartz ’11 is finally on the upswing.
  • Midway through the first scene of “Eurydice,” as the title character’s mother and her lover reminisce melodramatically about their youth, projected images of the couple dancing to the tune of a gentle waltz float across the stage. The use of projected images is used to enhance the dramatic effect of the scene — and it is a technique the show’s director Devin Brain DRA ’11 may not have had access to a year ago. Leiber is one of two first year students at the School of Drama currently piloting a new concentration in Projection Design. The program, led by the school’s accomplished designer and lecturer Wendall Harrington, is the first in the country dedicated to training students for a career in this field.
  • Peru says it will intensify the legal charges against Yale later this week, maybe even filing criminal charges against University President Richard Levin. The country may add to the civil charges it has already brought against Yale in the U.S. District Court of Connecticut, or it may open a new suit in Peru, singling out Yale officials with criminal charges, Peruvian Prime Minister Jose Chang said in a Tuesday press conference. Head of Peru’s legal team and former Peruvian Ambassador to the United States Eduardo Ferrero said he is confident that the court will not grant Yale’s motion to dismiss the lawsuit, which it filed in Jan. 2010, the Peruvian news agency Andina reported Tuesday afternoon. But Yale’s counsel in New Haven said the new charges suggest the country is more worried than it will let on.

THE WEATHER

High of 71 degrees, low of 52 degrees, showers

THE FOOD

In the colleges

Breakfast: Waffle Bar, Assorted Muffins

Lunch: Tuscan White Bean Soup, Wonton Soup, Teriyaki Chicken Thigh, Mu Shu Pork, Fresh Tomato Quiche, Whole Grain Penne, Bowtie Noodles, Organic Tomato Sauce, Thai Vegetable Wrap with Tofu, Roasted Zucchini & Yellow Squash, Organic Blondie Chocolate Chip Bars, Peanut Butter Cookie

Dinner: Home-Style All Beef Meatloaf, Berkeley Mac & Cheese, Brown Sauce, Golden Home Fries, Omelets To-Order, Bacon Slices, Spicy Mexican Black Bean Patty, Refried Black Beans, Roasted Fresh Baby Carrots

In Commons

Breakfast: Steelcut Oatmeal Bar, Waffle Bar, Cage-Free Scrambled Egg Whites, Cage-Free Scrambled Eggs, Blueberry Dairyless Pancakes, Red Bliss Home Fries, Assorted Muffins

Lunch: Tuscan White Bean Soup, Beef Barbecoa, Spinach Felafel Patties, Potato Skins, Cheese Sauce, Crumbled Bacon, Classic Grilled Cheese, Curly Fries, Pepperoni Pizza, Cheese Pizza, Organic Tomato Sauce, Teriyaki Chicken Thighs, Mu Shu Pork, Vegetable Fried Rice, Vegetarian Egg Rolls, Thai Vegetable Wrap with Tofu, Refried Black Beans, Mexican Corn, Organic Blondie Chocolate Chip Bars, Peanut Butter Cookie

Dinner: Home-Style All Beef Meatloaf, Berkeley Mac & Cheese, Brown Sauce, Spinach Stuffed Sole, Cheese Sauce, Potato Skins, Crumbled Bacon, Zucchini Frittata, Spicy Black Bean Veggie Burger, Pepperoni Pizza, Cheese Pizza, Organic Tomato Sauce, Thai Vegetable Wrap with Tofu, Mashed Yukon Gold Potatoes, Roasted Fresh Baby Carrots

YALE DAILY NEWS