Golfers can go their entire careers without ever sinking a hole-in-one. Seo Hee Moon ’14 was able to check that feat off her bucket list on October 17. Then, eight days later, she did it again.

Moon won her fourth individual title of the year as the women’s golf team ran away with victory on Monday at the Sacred Heart Fall Classic in Milford, Conn. The team’s four tournament wins this year equals the number of titles the team had had in its previous three years combined.

[ydn-legacy-photo-inline el_id=”23157″ ]

The Elis crushed the competition by twenty strokes, shooting a cumulative 623 (+47) over two rounds of play. Head coach Chawwadee Rompothong ’00 said this margin of victory was the largest her team has seen all season.

“I think it’s also hard for some students to understand that in each tournament, we are competing against over 10 teams, so winning tournaments is a huge accomplishment,” captain Alyssa Roland ’11 said.

En route to another title, freshman standout Moon managed to shoot her second hole in one in eight days on Monday on the par-three sixth hole of the golf course. Moon took first place in the tournament with a 148 (+4).

Rompothong said Moon is undoubtably a reason why the team has been successful.

“[The two holes-in-one are] just ridiculous,” Harriet Owers-Bradley said. “Moon is just solid. She didn’t even need the hole-in-one to win. That was just a bonus to her round.”

Sun Gyoung Park ’14 took fourth in the tournament, shooting a cumulative 155 (+11).

Casssie Boles ’11 tied for sixth in the tournament with a cumulative 157 (+13). Callie Kemmer ’12 tied for eighteenth after shooting a cumulative 163 (+19), while Roland tied for twenty-fourth with a 166 (+22).

And while under NCAA rules only Moon, Park, Boles, Kemmer, and Roland counted towards Yale’s official score, Yale’s second team, consisting of Owers-Bradley, Alexandra Lipa ’13, Lily Boettcher ’12, and Joy Kim ’13 numerically beat Brown, who took second place in the tournament.

Roland said the team’s performance was an indication of its depth.

Brown, which shot a cumulative 643 (+67) was the only Ivy League competition in the tournament. The host Sacred Heart University took fourth with a cumulative 653 (+77).

Owers-Bradley said the team knew heading into this tournament that the field would not be very strong, and that the team had a goal to take first place. Still, the Elis did not anticipate winning by so many shots despite a difficult course.

This was Yale’s last tournament of the fall season, but the Bulldogs are eagerly looking ahead to the spring.

Rompothong said the team would use the fall season momentum as an incentive to train harder this winter with a particular emphasis on putting and chipping.

Roland added the Ivy League competition should watch out for Yale in the spring, but Rompothong has even greater ambitions.

“We are aiming very high,” Rompothong said. “I think the team has the potential… [and] everyone looks really strong. We are aiming to go beyond Ivies to see how far we get in the national championship.”