Another game, another top 25 foe for the Yale field hockey team. Following Wednesday’s tough 7–1 loss to UConn in Storrs, CT, the Bulldogs travel to Chesnut Hill, Mass. Sunday for a matchup with No. 12 Boston College.

The game marks Yale’s third against a top 25 opponent, the other a 7–0 loss to Ivy League leaders Princeton. Prior to Wednesday’s loss, the Bulldogs had been the owners of a two game winning streak,taking a 4–2 decision from Hofstra before traveling to Cornell and earning a 3–2 win Saturday.

Despite Wednesday’s defeat, Yale did have something to celebrate this week as Georgia Holland ’14 was named Ivy League Rookie of the Week for the second time this season; Holland had two goals against the Big Red.

Erin Carter ’12 had the other goal in that game, and she, along with the rest of the junior class, have provided much of Yale’s offense this season. If the Bulldogs are to take down BC and keep their hopes for an at-large tournament bid alive, Carter and classmates Mia Rosati ’12, Taylor Sankovich ’12and Dinah Lanshut ’12 will need to continue their hot scoring paces and help the Eli offense improve on Wednesday’s performance that saw the Bulldogs take just two shots all game.

“We played right with (UConn) at times,” Head Coach Pam Stuper said after Wednesday’s loss. “We got down early and had to battle back – but we know we can play with these top 25 teams. We just need to be consistent.

The Bulldogs will get their chance to take a bite out of the Eagles Sunday at Boston College.