The Yale Corporation, the University’s highest governing body, came to New Haven over the weekend to discuss Yale’s long-term goals.

Meetings addressed the University’s international and financial outlook, as well as pending changes to the international studies major and the School of Management, University President Richard Levin said.

Levin said he sought Corporation members’ reactions to the proposed Yale-NUS College in Singapore. He said the mood was “enthusiastic,” but that the Corporation and the Yale administration are waiting to hear the Singaporean government’s offer of a budget for the physical plant of the school before making any final decisions about the project’s future.

The Corporation also heard presentations from leading faculty in several areas of the University about emerging changes.

Edward Snyder, the incoming dean of the School of Management, gave the Corporation an overview of his plans for the school, Levin said. Sharon Oster, the dean of the school, spoke about its current state.

Jim Levinsohn, the Director of the Jackson Institute for Global Affairs, spoke about the Institute’s new classes, including the Gateway to Global Affairs course, which was oversubscribed due to student interest this semester. Levinsohn also spoke about his plans to reorganize the international studies major. Ian Shapiro, the director of the Whitney and Betty MacMillan Center of International and Area Studies, laid out globalization efforts for the assembled fellows, Levin said, focusing on projects in India and the Middle East.

The Corporation also discussed the University’s finances. Yale’s latest endowment report came out last week, and showed that the University is trailing its peer schools in financial returns.

“We’ve known that was going to happen for a while,” Levin said.

But administrators still have faith in Yale’s investment model, he said, and are confident that long-standing real estate investments will pay off in the long-term.

The Corporation comes to Yale’s campus four to five times a year.

Correction: October 7, 2010

An earlier version of this article incorrectly referred to Sharon Oster as the “interim dean” of the School of Management. Oster is the current dean of the School of Management.