Frosh frenzy. As the class of 2014 arrives on campus, their high hopes weighed down only by their copious luggage, upperclassmen flock to help them schlep, and to claim a free meal and T-shirt.

Despite media reports to the contrary, heartthrob James Franco GRD ’16 will not be teaching a class this spring, but he does plan to recruit students from English, Theater, Music and Film Studies to work on an undergraduate film production.

DUH no more? Yale University Health Services’ new home at 55 Lock St. is called the Yale HEALTH Center, the University announced in May. The name change is part of the festivities surrounding YUHS’ 40th anniversary, director Paul Genecin said. Founded in 1971 as the Department of University Health, YUHS changed its name more than 20 years ago.

For the eighth year in a row, Yale ranked third in U.S. News & World Report’s Best Colleges rankings, released last week. Harvard retained its top position on the list, while Princeton, which was tied with Harvard last year, slipped to No. 2.

Slifka Rabbi James Ponet ’68 officiated Chelsea Clinton’s wedding in Rhinebeck, N.Y., on Aug. 2. Ponet was joined by Rev. William Shillady in leading the interfaith ceremony between Clinton, who is Methodist, and her Jewish husband, Marc Mezvinsky. Asked why he was chosen, Ponet said he was referred to the couple by “a number of people.”

The man charged in 2009 with stealing 39 works of art from various Yale and New Haven buildings, including the Joseph Slifka Center for Jewish Life and the New Haven Public Library, received a three-year prison sentence last Friday.

Over a round of beers, Yale paleontologist Nicholas Longrich came up with an unconventional name for the dinosaur species he discovered: “Mojoceratops.” In July, he officially dubbed the creature “Mojoceratops perifania” with the publication of his paper in the Journal of Paleontology.

Though the Online Course Information website has been live since July, students can not yet construct potential schedules using the schedule worksheet option.

And make sure to get the Web address right. The Yale Record has published an online Blue Book of their own, featuring such courses as “Art 207, Drawing Ponies” and “LUNC 101, Lunch” (prerequisite: breakfast).

THIS DAY IN YALE HISTORY

1904 John Hay “Jock” Whitney, son of Payne Whitney, is born. While at Yale, Jock allegedly coined the term “crew cut,” now widely recognized as a hairstyle and J. Crew children’s brand.