The No. 15 men’s lacrosse team will not advance to the NCAA Division I Tournament later this month.

The NCAA Committee announced the 16-team field Sunday night, but Yale (10–4, 4–2 Ivy) did not make the cut. Six conference champions earned automatic slots in the tournament, and the rest of the squads were chosen at large.

Yale most recently fell to No. 9 Princeton in the semifinal round of the inaugural Ivy League Tournament on Saturday. Head coach Andy Shay said after Saturday’s contest that while the Elis still had a shot at making the NCAA Tournament, the loss to the Tigers would significantly hurt his squad’s chances.

Princeton claimed the automatic Ivy League berth by upsetting No. 7 Cornell on Sunday to win the inaugural Ancient Eight postseason tournament. The Tigers pulled out a 10–9 overtime win against Cornell in Ithaca, N.Y., in a game that lasted nearly four hours.

Stony Brook (American East Conference), Delaware (Colonial Athletic Association), Denver (Eastern College Athletic Conference), Mt. St. Mary’s (Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference) and Army (Patriot League) were the other automatic qualifiers. Cornell, Johns Hopkins, Virginia, Duke, Hofstra, Notre Dame, North Carolina, Maryland, Loyola and Syracuse also secured spots.

The Division I semifinal and championship games will be held at at M & T Bank Stadium in Baltimore from May 29 to May 31.