A memorial service will be held to celebrate the life of Cameron Dabaghi ’11 in Battell Chapel tonight at 8.

YCC movers and shakers. In an effort to win votes, vice presidential candidate Justine Kolata ’12 and a supporter boogied down on Cross Campus on Monday. Eventually she had to catch her breath in the Bass café.

Another Yalie raged against the campaigns. Fed up with recent endorsement e-mails, David Washer ’11 sent his own e-mail: His mock choice for president, “Fat-Jared,” boasts a “dedication to eat meals without slopping food on his shirt” and endorsements from the Tooth Fairy and Richard Simmons.

What’s next — Harold Bloom on Gaga? In a video interview posted last week to the Web site of Princeton’s humor magazine, Pulitzer Prize-winning poet and Princeton professor Paul Muldoon formally analyzes Ke$ha’s “Tik-Tok,” which he claims alludes to “King Lear.” According to Muldoon, “ ‘No, no, no, no,’ is transmorgified into ‘Oh, oh, oh, oh.’ ”

A few lucky early risers were able to catch what sounds like a single Harkness Tower carillon bell amid construction noise at around 7:15 a.m. Monday.

So much for sustainable dining. The dishwashers broke in the Davenport dining hall Monday, forcing students to use plastic cutlery, plates and cups for lunch and dinner.

Speaking of which … the spring Yale Dining survey asks students what they consider when they think of “sustainability.” One possible response is, inexplicably, the phrase “reduce energy reduction.”

THIS DAY IN YALE HISTORY

1986 Yale accepts 2,176 students out of a record pool of 12,534 applicants. In 2010, Yale received 25,869 applications.

YALE DAILY NEWS