A celebration of the life of Cameron Dabaghi ’11 was held Monday in his hometown of Austin, Texas. Dabaghi was remembered in a candlelit vigil in Berkeley College this past Wednesday.

Frank Limon was sworn in as the city’s new police chief at City Hall on Monday. “The police department cannot solve crime alone,” he said. “We actually need the community to be part of our team.”

Rather inauspiciously, the city recorded its eighth homicide of the year as 18-year-old Radcliff Deroche died of gunshot wounds he sustained over the weekend.

Closer to home, Robert Colonel ’13 was the victim of an attempted mugging on Monday — but Colonel punched the mugger in the face and got away.

The money stolen by February’s Saybrook intruder has yet to be returned to many students, even though the detectives in charge of the case reported that they had recovered the missing cash. According to one Saybrugian, their e-mails and calls have not been returned.

Professor Harold Bloom will be returning to the classroom this fall. After canceling his spring courses due to illness, Bloom is scheduled to teach courses on Shakespeare and 20th century poets.

Yale is the 12th most stressful college, according to rankings posted Sunday on the news Web site The Daily Beast. Stanford came in first, while Harvard ranked fifth, just ahead of Princeton.

As the end of Passover nears tonight, a Moses impersonator stormed into Marvin Chun’s psychology class on Monday accusing Chun of “oppression.” After having his pronunciation corrected, the biblical bonehead fled the class to the laughter of the students.

TD Census (insert blunder here). An e-mail encouraging Timothy Dwight students to participate in the 2010 census neglected to fill in the blanks on a stock template: “It will take less than three minutes of your time to complete and when you fill out the form, you will (enter incentive).”

Electrical construction on York Street plunged the News’ headquarters into darkness late Monday night. Today’s newspaper was completed in exile, from the Loria Center. Sorry there’s no crossword puzzle.

THIS DAY IN YALE HISTORY

1961 A group of 13 Yale students help organize some of the first sit-in demonstrations in Jackson, Miss.

Correction: April 6, 2010

A Cross Campus item misstated the date of New Haven Police Chief Frank Limon’s swearing-in ceremony. It was Monday, not Tuesday.

YALE DAILY NEWS