The women’s lacrosse team has shown it can play with the best.

After defeating No. 13 Boston University on Wednesday 11–9 and narrowly losing to No. 7 Penn 7–5 last Saturday, the Bulldogs (4–4, 1–1 Ivy League) hope to maintain their momentum this weekend when they take on No. 16 Dartmouth (4–1, 1–0) in Hanover, N.H. on Saturday.

“We had a great win on Wednesday, but Dartmouth is a very good team,” defenseman and captain Claire Eliasberg ’10 said. “We are definitely the underdog going into this game.”

Dartmouth is coming off four straight wins, having outscored its opponents 66–21 in the process. The second-best team in the nation in scoring defense, the Big Green’s season has been highlighted by a win at No. 6 Syracuse and a 15–1 thrashing of Columbia.

The Elis have won three of their last four, and all games have been decided by four goals or fewer. Goalkeeper Whitney Quackenbush ’12 has been particularly prominent in these crucial moments with 39 saves compared to only 15 saves from Yale’s opponents in the four games.

Midfielder Kaitlyn Flatley ’11 has also played a key role, causing six turnovers in the past four games along with seven goals and an assist. Attacker Caroline Crow ’12 had her first career hat trick against BU while attacker Jenna Block ’10 scored four points against the Terriers.

Dartmouth defeated Yale 8–6 last season at Reese Stadium, but Elias said she is confident the Bulldogs can compete with the Big Green.

“If we can continue to execute our game plans on both attack and defense while also cutting down on unforced turnovers, I think we can give them a run for their money,” Eliasberg said.

The game tips off at 1 p.m.