UPDATED: Connecticut Attorney General Richard Blumenthal LAW ’73 is far ahead of the strongest polling Republican in the race for U.S. Senate, according to a Quinnipiac University poll released Wednesday.

Linda McMahon, the former CEO of World Wrestling Entertainment, leads the Republican field by 10 percentage points over her nearest opponent, former U.S. Rep. Rob Simmons. Nevertheless, according to the poll, Blumenthal would still trump McMahon in a general election 61 to 28 percent.

Another poll released Thursday found Ned Lamont SOM ’80 leading former Stamford Mayor Dan Malloy by 10 percentage points in the Democratic primary race for governor, but 44 percent are undecided.

Secretary of the State Susan Bysiewicz ’83 leads her nearest opponent by 44 percentage points in the Democratic primary race for attorney general, according to Thursday’s poll.

In the Republican races, former U.S. Ambassador to Ireland Tom Foley leads the Republican gubernatorial primary race by 26 percentage points, and state senator Andrew Roraback ’83 leads the attorney general primary race by only 4 percentage points. But in the Republican gubernatorial primary race 50 percent are undecided, and in the attorney general primary race 66 are.