The women’s basketball team may be out of the Ivy League title hunt, but the Bulldogs still have some work to do to have their best Ivy League finish since the 1992-’93 season. The Elis (12–14, 7–5 Ivy) will head on the road to take on the Columbia Lions (16–10, 7–5) on Friday and the Cornell Big Red (7–18, 2–10) on Saturday.

“This will be our toughest road trip of the season,” head coach Chris Gobrecht said.

The Elis are currently tied with Columbia for third place in the Ivy League and have not finished a season as high in the standings since finishing third in 1992-’93.

Yale will face Columbia once again after defeating the Lions in a shootout, 81–74, in New Haven on Feb. 6. The Lions boast the Ivy League’s leading scorer and rebounder in Judie Lomax, who had 20 points and eight rebounds in the teams’ previous meeting. The Lions are coming off a 12-point loss at first-place Princeton. Yale leads the all-time series with Columbia 38–13.

The Bulldogs will then travel to Ithaca to meet Cornell on the Big Red’s Senior Night. The Bulldogs previously defeated Cornell 74–50 on Feb. 5 at the John J. Lee Amphitheater, and the Big Red are coming off a win at last-place Penn. The Elis lead the all-time series with Cornell 39–22.

The Bulldogs are 0–4 against Princeton and Harvard — the league’s top two teams — but are 7–1 against the rest of the Ivy League.

The Elis have been led throughout the Ivy season by guard Yoyo Greenfield ’11, whose shooting has improved this season. Greenfield is currently seventh in the Ivy League in three-pointers made with 38. She has shot 45.7 percent from the field and 41.1 percent from downtown in Ivy League play.

The games will be the final ones in the careers of guard Ashley Carter ’10, forward Melissa Colborne ’10 and forward Haywood Wright ’10. When the three seniors arrived at Yale, they joined a team coming off a 3–24 season. Since then, the class of 2010 has won 43 games for Yale, with victories over teams from 11 different conferences. Should the Bulldogs win their final two games this season, Carter, Colborne and Wright will lead Yale to its best Ivy League record in 21 years.

“We want to send our seniors out with wins,” Gobrecht said.

Both games will begin at 7 p.m.