Yale’s 49 Most Beautiful People? The photo and profile of Caroline Downing ’10 was accidentally dropped from Rumpus’ highly anticipated 50 Most issue. The tabloid acknowledged the goof on its Twitter account Wednesday.

Spotted: Starchitect Frank Gehry getting out of a taxi in front of the Yale University Art Gallery. Gehry, a Harvard Graduate School of Design dropout, is responsible for the brain-breaking design of the Guggenheim Museum in Bilbao, Spain, and the super-shiny Walt Disney Concert Hall in Los Angeles — as well as the Yale-New Haven

Psychiatric Hospital.

Bunny ears, pizza and beer. Playboy.com’s A List named Modern Apizza one of the top 10 pizza restaurants, citing Modern’s “perfect balance of sauce-to-cheese-to-crust.”

Yalie wants to succeed the Governator. Ultra-liberal California Attorney General Edmund “Jerry” Brown LAW ’64 formally announced his run for governor on Wednesday.

Good samaritans. Yale Police Chief James Perrotti notified students that an attempted assault on a woman Wednesday afternoon was foiled by the woman’s loud screams, which scared her attacker away. The man was caught by passersby “who heard the screams and quickly responded to aid the woman,” Perrotti wrote.

Your spring break getaway is safe. Sun and mild temperatures are expected all weekend — instead of another snowpocalypse like the one that caused massive disruptions to air and ground travel this past December.

Branford College presented its dining hall staff with flowers and a thank you card signed by students for Dining Hall Staff Appreciation Day.

Song and stars for Chile. The Hillhouse Opera Company and the Yale Astronomy Department are presenting an opera benefit for Chile at the Leitner Family Observatory and Planetarium next Friday.

“Car-smashing” was the order of the day for Qpac students last Saturday during their pre-hockey game pep rally: the university’s Student Programming Board purchased a beat-up 1987 Buick, painted the phrase “Yale sucks” all over it, then offered students a sledgehammer to demolish the car, the Quinnipiac Chronicle reported Wednesday.

THIS DAY IN YALE HISTORY

1966 Thomas M. Greene, director of Directed Studies, announces the addition of new sociology, modern poetry and film courses to the program’s curriculum.

Correction: March 4, 2010

A Cross Campus item misstated the date of the the Hillhouse Opera Company and the Yale Astronomy Department’s opera benefit for Chile. It is next Friday, not this Friday.