A Princeton freshman has garnered heaps of flak after publishing a column in Monday’s issue of The Daily Princetonian that condemns women who drink too much and fall victim to date rape. The column — titled “The real ‘Sex on a Saturday Night,'” in an apparent reference to a “Sex Signals”-esque play — has sparked more than 175 comments in the past day.

From the article, by Iulia Neagu:

Did she have the right to accuse the boy of rape? Before you say yes, think about this for a minute: Should the fact that she willingly got herself into an advanced state of inebriation prevent her from complaining about anything that happened to her while she was in that state?

She knew what would happen if she started drinking. We all know that the more people drink, the less likely they are to make wise decisions. It is common sense.

Therefore, the girl willingly got herself into a state in which she could not act rationally. This, in my opinion, is equivalent to agreeing to anything that might happen to her while in this state. In the case of our girl, this happened to be sex with a stranger.

And from the comments:

Posted by “Disbelief”:

Bravo to the commenter above. This article is so bad it offends me. It would be ridiculous if the subject matter weren’t so serious … I’m just looking forward to how viciously this article is going to get roasted (hopefully) in the comments. Do me proud, Prince commentators.

Posted by “leather”:

Clunky but decent article. Only a strong woman could state such a pro-equality view … I am glad that you, a woman, can see more that one-side of an issue, like most selfish Princeton women who posted here.

Posted by “wow”:

I’m a prospective freshman interested in journalism and all I can say is please God let me get into Yale

Click here to read the full column.

YALE DAILY NEWS