For the first time in recent memory, the women’s basketball team is in the hunt for the Ivy League title late in the season. The team still has a tough road ahead, but success this weekend would go a long way.

The Bulldogs (10–12, 5–3 Ivy), who currently sit in third place in the Ivy League, will look to gain ground on first-place Princeton when they welcome the Tigers (19–2, 7–0) and last-place Penn (1–20, 0–7) to John J. Lee Amphitheater on Friday and Saturday, respectively.

The Elis are looking to build on their thrilling double-overtime victory Saturday on the road at defending Ivy League champion Dartmouth.

“It’s another week in the Ivy League,” head coach Chris Gobrecht said. “You relish every victory because it’s not easy.”

The Tigers enter the weekend on a 12-game winning streak and are unbeaten in Ivy League play this season. Yale fell at Princeton 69–48 in their previous meeting Jan. 30.

“We definitely want to beat Princeton because they are undefeated,” guard Allie Messimer ’13 said.

Penn, on the other hand, has lost 11 straight games and is winless in Ivy League play. The Quakers have only won one game this season and were defeated by the Bulldogs 58–51 at the Palestra on Jan. 29.

Two-time All-Ivy honoree and guard Melissa Colborne ’10 has led Yale this season with 8.4 points per game. Colborne, who ranked second in Ivy League scoring in both of the past two seasons, currently ranks sixth in Yale history with 1,356 points. The Former Ivy League Rookie of the Year holds the Yale all-time record for free-throws made with 466.

Forward Michelle Cashen ’12, an All-Ivy Rookie Team selection last season, is the Bulldogs’ leading rebounder with 7.3 rebounds per game, fifth in the Ivy League. Cashen has notched four double-doubles this season.

With five Ivy League wins already this season, the Elis have more Ivy wins halfway through this season than they did all of last season.

Both games this weekend will begin at 7 p.m.