Off to Vancouver. Cornelia Holden Hicks, wife of Berkeley Dean Kevin Hicks and director of Berkeley’s Mellon Commonplace Society, is heading to the XXI Olympic Winter Games in Vancouver as the sports psychology consultant for the U.S. Olympic Women’s Ice Hockey team.

Meanwhile, in Winter X Games news, Jen Hudak, daughter of Saybrook Master Paul Hudak, won a gold medal in the Superpipe over the weekend.

The Freshman Class Council raised over $1,000 for Haiti relief during the Freshman Dance, the FCC announced in an e-mail. The money was donated to the Red Cross.

The International Students’ Organization also got hearts beating for Haiti relief: The ISO hosted the Hearts for Haiti date auction Friday night at BAR. The ISO Board announced in an e-mail Saturday that they are likely to contribute more than $3,500.

Proceeds from a photography exhibit at Atticus Bookstore and Café, which recently came under fire for an English-only language policy, are benefiting the New Haven-based organization Integrated Refugee & Immigrant Services, according to a press release issued Friday.

Shining a light on Morse and Stiles. Grand Light Historic Lighting Restoration & Custom Lighting announced on its Web site Friday that the business has begun restoring light fixtures from the colleges. The firm also outfitted Calhoun College.

In addition to a Facebook group with upwards of 1,000 members, the student movement to keep free copies of The New York Times in the dining halls has a petition. Ben Stango ’11, president of the Yale College Democrats, created a petition to University President Richard Levin that as of 12:30 a.m. Monday had 552 signatures.

“The Situation” makes an appearance in Branford. No, not the one from “Jersey Shore” — Branford Master Steven Smith recently signed an e-mail to students as “The Situation.”

Former British Prime Minister Tony Blair, between teaching classes at Yale, testified on Friday in an official inquiry into Britain’s role in the Iraq conflict, saying he had no regrets.

THIS DAY IN YALE HISTORY

1968 Over a year before Yale’s first female undergraduates arrived on campus, the Student Advisory Board suggests that undergraduates’ wives be allowed to take courses for credit. Graduate students’ and faculty members’ wives could already take courses for credit at the time.