Vinny Guadagnino LAW ’13? Before he rose to fame as the all-star fist pumper of MTV’s “Jersey Shore,” law school was Guadagnino’s backup plan. Had he scored higher on the LSATs, “I just might of just went [sic] to Yale or Harvard,” he told Us Weekly. But with a 3.9 GPA and Latin honors from SUNY New Paltz, he might still have a chance if he gets bored of doing shots at Bamboo.

Just what the world needed: Branford-themed snuggies. They’re coming. Forty of them. Blankets with sleeves.

Even Lactaid poses perils for Lactose-intolerant Saybrugians. The low-fat variety currently sitting in the Saybrook dining hall’s refrigerator expired on Jan. 22. A representative of the company said the product should never be drunk after it expires. The dining hall manager declined to comment. The non-fat Lactaid, however, is still drinkable — at least until Feb. 22.

It took more than 15 minutes to pick up a package at the Yale Station post office during peak hours Tuesday, but a spokeswoman for the U.S. Postal Service said there is no “delay of mail in New Haven.” Employees at the branch are “trying some really aggressive ways to keep those lines under control,” she added.

At the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland, University President Richard Levin and the rest of the Yale delegation will meet with the Crown Prince of Bahrain.

ReadySetLaunch, a student-run non-profit that advises high school students on applying to college, has received an additional $37,000 from the the Chase Community Giving Advisory Board, on top of winning $25,000 in the First Round of the Chase Community Giving competition.

For those who can’t wait until Valentine’s Day, Delia and Brainard Carey, a married couple from New York City, were outside Sterling Memorial Library Tuesday afternoon, offering free embraces to passers-by. The couple founded the movement known as “We Hug the World for You” and receive corporate and individual sponsorship to give out free hugs.

Cake-lovers take heart: Claire’s Corner Copia was named one of the Top 10 Heart-Healthy Restaurants in the U.S. by Gayot.com.

THIS DAY IN YALE HISTORY

1997 The University announced that its endowment had passed the $5 billion mark — but that wasn’t good enough for investment experts, who pointed out that Yale’s endowment grew at a lower rate than those of other schools.

Correction: Jan. 27, 2010

An earlier version of this article mischaracterized the students advised by ReadySetLaunch. They from across the country, not local.

YALE DAILY NEWS