NEW YORK — The Spizzwinks(?) took on a bigger stage than usual Monday night.

Yale’s oldest underclassman a cappella singing group ushered in the holiday season with a medley of Christmas songs at a performance at Carnegie Hall Monday. In front of a crowd of approximately 1,500, the group sang a six-minute Christmas medley arranged by Andy Berry ’13 for the concert, titled “Christmas Time in the City.”

Other performers included The Continuo Arts Symphonic Chorus and Orchestra, alto soloist Avery Sommers and the violin duo Diva Musica.

Associate Dean of Yale College Marichal Gentry was among the attendees.

One guest, Karen Burrows, who had never heard of the Spizzwinks(?) before, said she enjoyed their performance.

“They were truly awesome,” Burrows said. “They had lots of spirit and attitude.”

Another guest, Joan Daurio, said she regretted having missed a Spizzwinks(?) concert at her church in New Jersey and was excited to attend yesterday’s concert at Carnegie Hall.

Kent Twardock ’11 of the Spizzwinks coordinated the logistics of the performance with the Candace Wicke, director and founder of the Continuo Arts Foundation.

Five members of the Spizzwinks(?) interviewed said the experience was one they will never forget.

“This is only my second time in New York and I was here as a performer at Carnegie Hall,” tenor Matthew Kroon ’11 said.

Bass Dan Turcza ’11 described the venue as “enormous, gorgeous and filled with people.”

“Its such a rush to perform for a crowds that large, enthusiastic and into the music,” he added.

The Spizzwinks(?) also sang composer Stephen Edwards’ “A Carol Fantasy” with high school choirs and other semi-professional choirs at the end of the event.