The five best things I’ve ever bought at Book Trader Cafe:
1. Vanilla chai. I’m not saying this is actually any more authentic than the cinnamony-sweet Starbucks version, but this drink is pretty damn good. It’s less overpowering and more subtle than Starbucks’ chai, with hints of vanilla, nutmeg and … happiness.
2. $4.35 collection of Roald Dahl’s adult short stories. Revisit a cult-classic for under $5!
3. The Tempesto. Before you even taste this delicious spin on the mozzarella and tomato classic, “The Tempesto” draws you in with its pun-tastic name. (All of the Book Trader sandwiches are named after famous works of literature. Other favorites include the Hamingway and Cheese and the Jane Rare.) But the real fun begins once you actually get your sandwich, which include tomato, mozzarella, pesto, balsamic reduction, and greens on a ciabatta role. I dare you to eat it without making a mess.
4. $2 bag of day-old muffins. Delicious and economical!
5. $3.95 hardcover, full-color book of Van Gogh’s masterpieces. Need I say more?