Arrest made in UConn murder case. John William Lox III, a 21-year-old man from Bloomfield, Conn., was charged Tuesday with the murder of Jasper Howards, a football player from the University of Connecticut. Howards died from a stabbing wound Sunday, Oct. 18. See story, page 9.

Whose side are you on? Though he caucuses with the Democrats, Sen. Joe Lieberman ’64 LAW ’67 (I-Conn.) says he will join a Republican filibuster against the Senate Democrats’ health care reform bill unless the so-called “public option” is removed.

Among the top 100. Modern Healthcare magazine surveyed 317 U.S. health care companies and ranked the Yale-New Haven Hospital as one of the 100 best employers in health care. In addition, Working Mother magazine named Yale-New Haven in its “Best 100 Companies” for working mothers.

Yale football on YES. The Bulldogs’ game against Columbia Saturday will be broadcast on the Yankees Entertainment and Sports Network. Kickoff is at 1 p.m. at Lawrence A. Wien Stadium in New York.

Vertical Horizon, the alternative rock group of “Everything You Want” fame, arrived in a large red bus parked outside of Toad’s on Tuesday for its concert.

A gozar! (Let’s enjoy!) Timothy Dwight Master Robert Thompson hosted mambo night in the TD dining hall Tuesday night. “It’s interesting that we get to experience these different cultures in TD,” Harrison Marks ’10 said.

Slobs in Branford left a mess in the student kitchen, an e-mail to the college said Tuesday. The stove had been left covered with food remnants and the garbage left to rot. As a result, kitchen access for all students will be revoked until further notice.

Candidate for the Ugandan presidency and former Yale World Fellow Norbert Mao returned to campus to discuss his political bid. Mao argued that local systems of justice should handle Uganda’s civil war criminals as opposed to the expensive International Criminal Courts.

Today is the application deadline for Teach for America, the largest employer of the Yale College class of 2009.

This day in Yale history

1970 Yale’s Undergraduate Schools Committee, composed of 175 students, instituted a series of programs to lessen the trauma of the admissions process, including encouragement every step of the way and student-led tours.

Correction: Oct. 29, 2009

An earlier version of this Cross Campus misstated the class year of Harrison Marks ’10.