The men’s soccer team welcomes Ivy League foe Cornell to Reese Stadium Saturday night at 7 p.m., looking for its first conference win of the season. Neither Yale nor the Big Red (5-3-3, 0-0-2 Ivy) has defeated an Ivy League team this season, but Cornell has tied Penn and Harvard in overtime while Yale has lost to Harvard and Dartmouth in extra periods.

The Bulldogs (3-5-3, 0-2) are coming off a 1-1 tie against Providence on Tuesday in Rhode Island. Goalkeeper Travis Chulick’s ’10 six saves combined with forward Brad Rose’s ’11 late-game goal brought the Bulldogs to overtime, although the team was unable to build upon its momentum and earn the non-conference win.

Cornell is fresh off a 3-1 victory over Colgate at home on Tuesday.

According to head coach Brian Tompkins, Big Red’s strongest asset is its goalkeeper, Scott Brody, who has the most saves in the Ivy League, 56 in all.

“Cornell has had a resurgence this season,” Yale head coach Brian Tompkins said. “They’ve got a new coach, and they are playing with a lot of passion and intensity. We are expecting a very difficult game.”

Captain Jordan Raybould ’10 said the Bulldogs have spent the week working on technical skills, including touch with the ball, and getting mentally prepared for the big game.

Following Tuesday’s double-overtime tie to Providence and last Saturday’s 2-1 overtime loss at home against Dartmouth, the Bulldogs are eager for a win.

“We were disappointed to lose last week,” Tompkins said. “We’re looking to bounce back in this game and establish ourselves in the league. We need to get a win to get into the Ivy League race. This is an important game for us.”

The Elis defeated Cornell 3-0 last year in Ithaca, N.Y.