The top 1 percent. Ten Yale juniors have been elected to join the Phi Beta Kappa honors society. They will be officially inducted into the society in early December.

So which is the smartest college? Although Calhoun currently lays claim to the Gimbel Cup, three of the 10 Phi Beta Kappa juniors are in Saybrook. Say what?

Connecticut welcomed Vice President Joe Biden, who spoke at an event Monday in Fairfield, Conn., with Sen. Chris Dodd and Rep. Jim Himes.

Feeling sick? Just pick up the phone and call Connecticut’s H1N1 hotline, which launched yesterday. The hotline is intended to provide Connecticut residents with the latest information on vaccinations and staying healthy. The number is 1(800) 830-9426.

Raymond Clark III is due to appear in court today. He was charged last month with the murder of Annie Le GRD ’13. Clark has yet to enter a plea in the case.

At the hearing, attorneys for the Hartford Courant will move to open the court documents that has been sealed since Clark’s arrest.

As part of an ongoing effort to reform New Haven public schools, Garth Harries, assistant superintendent of the New Haven schools, Ward 1 alderwoman Rachel Plattus ’09 and two New Haven principals spoke at an education reform panel in the Branford College common room last night.

The class of 2013 wasn’t the youngest group on campus this weekend. More than 1,000 high school students convened for the Yale Debate Association’s annual Yale Invitational debate tournament. This explains why suit-clad high-schoolers were seen cavorting with denim-wearing football players at the DKEs of Hazzard party Saturday night.

Future presidents and congressmen take note: The Yale Political Union’s annual Freshman Prize debate will take place tonight at 6:30 in WLH 119. Aside from eternal glory, first prize includes $100, a lifetime YPU membership and dinner with the YPU guest of the winner’s choice.

This Day in Yale History

1982 The New Haven city board of police commissioners voted to withdraw the reinstatement of Yale policewoman Natalie Podryhula’s police powers. Yale Police Chief Louis Capiello removed Podryhula’s police powers in November 1979 as a result of her actions in an allegedly racial incident one month earlier.