In case anyone was wondering what First Amendment lawyer Floyd Abrams LAW ’60 thought of Yale’s hosting controversial cartoonist Kurt Westergaard yesterday, the University released a statement saying that — surprise! — he approved.

In other cartoon-related developments, a group of concerned alumni sent a letter to the Yale Corporation and University President Richard Levin yesterday urging the Yale University Press to reprint “The Cartoons that Shook the World” with actual cartoons in it.

Darn zombies at it again. Amy Arnsten’s “Brain and Thought” lecture in LC 102 was stormed by zombies moaning “Brains” yesterday. After banging on the doors to the room, they walked in, stood on desks and gave the guest lecturer a brain in what appeared to be a Jell-O mold. The disguised pranksters supplemented their antics with bloody appendages, torn clothing and fake brains.

Twenty thousand intranasal H1N1 vaccine doses are planned to be shipped to Connecticut next week. But don’t get too excited — they will only be available to children between the ages of 2 and 4.

In a change of plans, Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor LAW ’79 will not be participating in a panel discussion at her Law School reunion the weekend of Oct. 16. She will still attend the reunion, which is her 30th, according to Law School officials.

Two New Haven schools were placed under lockdown yesterday after a New Haven police officer was injured in a car chase through the city. One suspect was apprehended, but at least one other is still at large.

KASAMA: The Filipino Club at Yale is sponsoring “Bayanihan: A Benefit Show for the Victims of Typhoon Ketsana” today. Featured groups include Whim ’n Rhythm, Tangled Up In Blue and the Alley Cats. The event will be held in Sudler Hall at 7 p.m.

The new online news site Midnight at Yale blogged last night about a Cross Campus blog post on Yale blogs blogging about other Yale blogs.

To all other campus blogs: We dare you to blog about this.

This day in Yale history
1980 New figures were released that showed that nearly one in four freshmen had a parent that attended either Yale College or a Yale graduate or professional school. The class of 1984 was 24.3 percent legacies, while the class of 1975 was only 14.3 percent legacies.