A new era for the Provost’s Office has dawned. Provost Peter Salovey’s photograph on the office’s Web site reflects the University’s loss: no more mustache.

A 28-year-old man was shot in the stomach last night in a parking lot on Whalley Avenue across the street from the Courtyard by Marriott. The man was hospitalized in critical condition, police said.

Pierson College administrators are looking for two missing tables from the college’s buttery. A group of students are suspected in the theft, since the tables are apparently too heavy for any one person to move.

Meanwhile, the Jonathan Edwards College buttery has opened for business. But one problem: The coffeemaker is missing! (The buttery’s espresso machine, fortunately, remains safe.)

Too soon. The Yale Herald pulled an article off its Web site yesterday after receiving complaints about its headline, a joke making light of the murder of Annie Le GRD ’13. “We apologize to any members of the Yale community who were upset by our post,” Herald blog editor Joe Satran ’11 said.

At the request of prosecutors, a judge sealed on Monday the search warrant affidavits for Raymond Clark III — the former animal technician charged with Le’s murder— for another two weeks. The affidavits, which were to be unsealed Thursday, will now be sealed until Oct. 12.

Start your day off afresh with a run. Habitat for Humanity is hosting its annual Midnight Mile tonight in front of Lanman-Wright Hall. (Note: it starts at 11:59 p.m.)

Following its best season in history, the men’s hockey team was chosen to finish in first place in the ECAC’s preseason coaches and media polls released yesterday.

General Electric is now ready for flag burning, Aliza Shvarts ’09 and the country of Peru. Yale’s former chief spokeswoman, Helaine Klasky, who left Yale this summer, has been tapped to lead the company’s corporate and global public affairs teams. See brief, page 5.

This day in Yale history
1969 A combination theater and “discotheque” debuted in Pierson College. The room was decked out with reflective Mylar, transparent Day-Glo paint and a state-of-the-art tape system. The whole setup cost Pierson $1,200.