Yale’s women’s tennis team finished its first tournament of the season at the Maryland Invitational on Monday, completing play with a 6-0 record in doubles.

The first-time teams of Jenna Ritz ’13 and Stevi Petrelli ’11, and Elizabeth Epstein ’13 and Stephanie Kent ’12, both went undefeated at the tournament — despite the fact that for three of the four players, this was their first tournament representing the Yale team.

In fact, this weekend marked their first foray into the world of collegiate tennis for freshmen Ritz and Epstein. Kent, however, recently transferred from Cornell, where she competed for the Big Red in the ITA East Regional Championships and received last year’s Cornell MVP award.

Epstein said she was pleased with the team’s performance and, despite having never played for Yale, was not too nervous.

“I think we did a really good job representing Yale, especially being our first tournament,” she said. “I think I played pretty well considering I haven’t competed in a tournament since the beginning of the summer.”

Epstein made it the furthest out of the four Yale women in the tournament, finishing third in the women’s flight A singles tournament after losing the semifinals in a 7-5, 6-2 finish. The opponent she lost to in a close match ended up winning the tournament.

Both Kent and Petrelli made it to the quarterfinals before losing 7-6 (4), 6-2 and 6-4, 5-7, 6-4, respectively. Epstein, Kent and Petrelli won their consolation matches on Sunday, all with records of 3-1 on the tournament. Ritz ended her weekend in the flight B tournament with a 1-2 run.

Head coach Danielle McNamara was happy about the results.

“I think we played pretty well,” she said. “Going 6-0 in doubles was a huge plus; we’ve been making it a big priority for the year.”

Assistant coach Christian Thompson said she thought the weekend was an excellent start to the women’s Yale tennis careers as well.

“Overall, it was a good tournament,” Thompson said. “It was a great experience for all of them. Just getting their first match out of the way was a huge deal.”

Thompson said all four have been practicing extremely hard over the past few weeks to prepare for the tournament, which she believes paid off.

The team will compete at the Cissie Leary Invitational in Pennsylvania over the coming weekend.