After an intense loss last weekend against Virginia Tech, the Yale volleyball team hits the road again with a three-game series at Seton Hall.

The Bulldogs (4-1) face Hofstra on Friday night at 5 p.m,, and combat the New Jersey Institute of Technology and Seton Hall at 1:00 p.m. and 6:30 p.m., respectively, the following day.

After losing their first set to American University last weekend, the Bulldogs bounced back by taking three straight sets to notch the victory. Yale dropped three straight sets to Virginia Tech in the following match and in doing so were handed their first loss of the season.

Led by outside hitter Alexis Crusey ’10, who made 39 kills on 78 attempts last weekend on her way to the most valuable player and Ivy League player of the week awards, the Yale team is entering the competition with renewed focus after experiencing a quicker pace of play against the Hokies.

The Pride (2-9) was ranked fifth out of 10 in the Colonial Athletic Association Preseason Coaches’ Poll. The Elis are 2-5 all-time against Hofstra, though current coach Erin Appleman is 1-0 against the team.

The NJIT Highlanders (9-2) fell for the first time last weekend after sweeping their first eight games and proceeded to split the following two contests. Star player Renata Pandolfo leads the team with 3.37 kills per set on average, while setter Erica Shultz has 9.62 assists per set.

As this is the Highlander’s first season of Division I play, this will be their first meeting with the Bulldogs.

The hosts of the tournament, Seton Hall, were initially selected to finish 12th of 15 in the Big East Preseason Coaches’ Poll. The Pirates (4-8) split their matches last weekend 2-2. Allie Matters has gotten double-digit digs in 49 consecutive matches, the second most of any player in the country.