A School of Medicine psychiatry resident whose nine weapons were seized by police Sunday has been banned from campus, four days after he was first arrested, a Yale official said Thursday night.

Robert Remington, 31, was arrested Sunday in Dolci Piano Lounge at 932 State St. for committing second-degree breach of peace, carrying a pistol without a permit, and carrying a firearm while under the influence of drugs or alcohol. Later that night, New Haven police searched his apartment without a warrant, seizing nine weapons and charging him with two counts of illegal possession of an assault weapon.

Although Remington is disputing the legality of the search and the allegations against him — which includes a report that he called himself the “Savior of Death” who wanted to “kill everyone” — Yale officials have nonetheless placed Remington on administrative leave from the School of Medicine psychiatry residency program, they said Thursday.

University spokesman Tom Conroy said Remington will be on leave until the criminal trial is over and the School of Medicine decides whether to re-admit him into the residency program at the West Haven campus of the Veterans Affairs Connecticut Healthcare system.

“I think the key thing — No. 1 — is to have the campus be safe,” School of Medicine Dean Robert Alpern said Thursday night. “Then, it becomes an issue of trying to protect Yale and also protect the person. Just because you’re accused of something doesn’t mean you did it.”

Still, Alpern explained that residents who are found guilty of a felony are generally dismissed.

As of Wednesday, Remington’s enrollment status at the medical school and the hospital was not compromised, Remington’s lawyer, John R. Williams of John R. Williams and Associates LLC, said. In a Wednesday interview, Williams said medical school and hospital officials were “supportive” of his client. But when Remington came to work on Wednesday, he was told by hospital officials not to see patients until the trial was over, Williams said.

Alpern said that, for the time being, Remington will be on paid leave until the case is resolved.

“[But] the question [is] how long do you want to pay him,” Alpern said, “if it’s true he had all these weapons?”

Police arrived at Dolci after a bartender told emergency dispatchers that Remington was saying he “likes to hurt people and wants to kill people,” according to the incident report. Remington “stated that he was the ‘Savior of Death,’ ” another bartender said, according to the report. “He was a part of a ‘revolution.’ ”

But Remington denies saying “anything at all weird,” Williams said.

Still, police searched Remington’s home because they were alarmed by his “angry and delusional rants” and because they found a receipt for a sniper rifle in his wallet, according to the report. After receiving counsel from the New Haven State’s Attorney’s Office, they searched the apartment and seized the weapons — including two 12-gauge shotguns, two assault rifles and two sniper rifles. Because the search occurred without a warrant, Williams said he will dispute the legality of the search.

Williams successfully argued in New Haven Superior Court on Thursday for the release of some personal items seized from Remington’s apartment Sunday night — Remington’s apartment and car keys, as well as his cell phone. A man who was in Remington’s Mechanic Street apartment did not answer the door Thursday evening.

Jury selection for Remington’s trial will commence Oct. 8.

Reporting was contributed by Florence Dethy, Sam Greenberg and Paul Needham.