Shin Jeong-ah — the disgraced Korean art curator who in 2008 was convicted of forging a doctorate from Yale — is being sued by her former employer, the Sungkok Art Museum in Seoul, according to a South Korean newspaper. The suit alleges that Shin took nearly $180,000 from exhibition budgets and invested the money in stocks.

College Night on Broadway last night featured live music, Plinko, henna tattoos, spin art, snow cones, magic shows, caricature booths, sidewalk sales and — the most popular offering — the Cupcake Truck.

Don’t despair if you missed College Night’s discounts. J.Crew and Urban Outfitters will continue their sales: J.Crew always offers a discount with a Yale ID, and Urban is having a non-College-Night-related sale anyway.

A gathering to remember the late Sylvia Bingham ’09 was held last night in Timothy Dwight College. Bingham, who was passionate about social justice and the environment, died Tuesday in Cleveland after her bike collided with a truck.

According to a recent Kaplan Test Prep and Admissions survey, 71 percent of college admissions officer at 401 of the nation’s top colleges and universities say they or another admissions officer at their school have received a Facebook or MySpace “friend request” from an applicant.

The YSFP kicked off “A Festival of Food and Film” Thursday night with a screening of “Julie & Julia” at the Criterion Cinemas. Tomorrow, famed French chef Jacques Pépin will lead a cooking demonstration at the Whitney Humanities Center.

Beauty and Justice rediscovered on Old Campus. Freshmen were enchanted by the University organization Movement for Beauty and Justice — not merely by the ideals they stand by, but by the actual fluffy bunnies frolicking in the grass on Old Campus yesterday. Look out for more events from the Beauty and Justice Movement: You just might be lucky enough to meet the cuddly animals, too.

Henry Hu ’75 GRD ’76 LAW ’79, a professor at the University of Texas School of Law, on Wednesday was named director of a newly established Securities and Exchange Commission department — the Division of Risk, Strategy and Financial Innovation.

This day in Yale history
2002 About 300 people gathered in Battell Chapel to commemorate the 150th anniversary of the birth of Edward A. Bouchet 1874 GRD 1876, who studied physics at Yale and was the first black doctoral recipient in the United States.