Police have found bloody clothes at the research facility at 10 Amistad St., where graduate student Annie Le GRD ’13 was last seen, a police source close to the investigation said.

The clothes were found in a ceiling at the building, according to the source, a New Haven Police Department official who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss an ongoing investigation. The University announced that law enforcement officials are holding a press conference outside Woodbridge Hall at 5:30 p.m today.

University President Richard Levin said Saturday afternoon that he could not confirm reports of bloody clothes being found at 10 Amistad St., the research facility at which Le was last seen. Levin said a body had not been found inside the building, though two Yale Police Department officers confirmed that 10 Amistad St. is now the site of a crime scene.

Police and University officials had previously said there was no indication of foul play in Le’s disappearance. In a telephone interview, Levin said that he had no information that would definitively point to foul play at this point.

“As far as I know, we cannot make inferences about what has happened to her,” he said.

But the president — who said Yale officials have met with Le’s family and her fiance — expressed grave concern about the situation. “This is as bad as it gets,” he said.

Le has not been seen or heard from since Tuesday morning, when she left her belongings in her office at the Sterling Hall of Medicine and walked three blocks to Amistad St. A roommate reported her missing that night and investigators immediately began their work.

A surveillance photograph distributed by the Yale Police Department shows Le entering the University-owned research facility at 10 Amistad St. on Tuesday morning. University officials have yet to locate Le exiting the building.

A fire alarm that sounded in the Amistad Street facility at 12:40 p.m. on Tuesday is thought to have been a false alarm, Deputy University Secretary Martha Highsmith said, though she acknowledged that it could be difficult to pick out Le, who is 4-feet-11-inches and weighs some 90 pounds, in the footage of the evacuation.

Highsmith also said it is possible that Le changed into a lab coat while in the building, which would make it even harder to identify her.

Le, who was scheduled to be married on Sunday, left her purse containing her cell phone, credit cards and money in her office in Sterling, Lorimer said. Her wedding has since been canceled.

Le was last seen wearing a knee-length brown skirt, a bright green short-sleeved T-shirt, brown shoes and a brown necklace, the YPD said. She does not have access to a car.

There are now 100 officers from four different agencies investigating the disappearance, Yale officials said Friday.