Briefly: Student-favorite Gastronomique closes down

Gastronomique, A student-favorite french eatery, has closed
The restaurant, known for its crepes, “High Street Steak Burger” and other delights since opening in 2002, abruptly shut its doors over the summer. (Its owner and chef, Marc Woll, could not be reached this week for comment, but he told the News in November that he had poured his life savings — $22,000 — into the restaurant after emerging from a monthlong coma.) Students apparently will now be able to enjoy Latino food at Ay! Salsa in Gastro’s stead.
Gastronomique, A student-favorite french eatery, has closed The restaurant, known for its crepes, “High Street Steak Burger” and other delights since opening in 2002, abruptly shut its doors over the summer. (Its owner and chef, Marc Woll, could not be reached this week for comment, but he told the News in November that he had poured his life savings — $22,000 — into the restaurant after emerging from a monthlong coma.) Students apparently will now be able to enjoy Latino food at Ay! Salsa in Gastro’s stead. Photo by Yale Daily News.

The High Street eatery Gastronomique, known for its crepes, “High Street Steak Burger” and other delights since opening in 2002, abruptly shut its doors over the summer. (Its owner and chef, Marc Woll, could not be reached this week for comment, but he told the News in November that he had poured his life savings — $22,000 — into the restaurant after emerging from a monthlong coma.) Students apparently will now be able to enjoy Latino food at Ay! Salsa in Gastro’s stead.

• Y09

I mean, I wasn’t aware that drug fronts make it to their 10 Year Anniversaries…

• Also ’09

I’m, um, embarrassed to say that in four years I’d never heard of this place? Odd.

• Y10

No, they usually don’t.

But the food was damn good and reasonably priced. From what I understood he used to be a big time chef in NYC before his motorcycle accident.

• Goldie ’08

best burger in new haven. Yes, I’ll miss the drugs too

• anonymous

The closest we had to a crêperie, now gone.