The percentage of admitted students who have chosen to attend Yale in the fall was higher than anticipated this year, leaving the class of 2013 slightly oversubscribed, Dean of Admissions Jeff Brenzel said Friday.

Of the 1,951 students admitted to Yale’s incoming freshman class, 1,327 have chosen to matriculate in the fall, Brenzel said, even though the Admissions Office aimed to enroll 1,310. The yield rate held steady at 68.7 percent, compared to 68.9 percent at this time last year, Brenzel said.

The yield rate was “significantly stronger” than expected, even though the Admissions Office accepted about 150 fewer students through its early action program, Brenzel said. Yale also expected a lower yield because some students ineligible for Yale’s need-based financial aid may have instead opted to attend universities offering merit scholarships.

In turn, Brenzel said the University has no immediate plans to admit students from the wait list.

“We will not make any wait list offers until or unless we see sufficient attrition to our matriculant numbers as our peer schools go to their wait lists,” Brenzel said in an e-mail message. “We will monitor this situation for the rest of this month and the month of June, and we hope to give final answers to all of the 468 students on the wait list by the end of June.”

An additional 20 admitted students chose to postpone admission for a year, and they were not counted in Yale’s yield rate, Brenzel said.

Harvard and Princeton universities have both announced little change in their yield rates compared to last year, although both institutions intend to accept applicants currently on their wait lists, according to reports in The Harvard Crimson and The Daily Princetonian.

Yale received exactly 26,000 applications this year, the highest number in the University’s history. The Admissions Office extended offers to a record-low 7.5 percent of applicants, compared to 8.3 percent around this time last year.